The firm offers advice to a variety of entities, including lenders, investors, developers and producers, in the financing and development of power projects in Turkey, including the acquisition and sale of energy companies and energy assets as well as the development, construction, operation and restructuring of generation facilities, pipelines, gas storage facilities etc. in Turkey. The firm provides advice on transactional matters as well as regulatory issues, and also focuses on renewable energy projects.
Experience in this practice area includes:
- Advising and assisting the Russian sponsors in the implementation and construction of the US$22 billion Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant in Mersin, Turkey's first nuclear power plant
- Advising the sponsor in the €140 million financing of Turkey's largest wind farm project (135MW Osmaniye Project)
- Advising the sponsor in the US$510 million privatisation and financing of 9 power plants owned by the state entity Ankara Doğal Elektrik Üretim A.S.
- Advising a Turkish subsidiary of a multi-national renewable energy company in relation to the development and construction of wind farms in Turkey
- Advising an international Dutch energy company on regulatory queries on the electricity and gas licensing procedure in Turkey and assisting in the incorporation of a Turkish subsidiary for obtaining electricity and gas whole sale licences
- Advising a Turkish subsidiary of a German wind farm project developer in relation to the development and construction of a wind farm in Turkey
- Advising a Turkish shareholder of a Bulgarian energy company on the development, construction and financing of a solar power plant project in Bulgaria
For more information, please see the following published articles:
- Yeşim Bezen and Volkan Önkibar, “Outlook on Energy”, The Lawyer Briefing, 30 January 2012, pp. 5
- Aykut Bakırcı, Yeşim Bezen and Zekican Samli, “RES moves to crucial list”, Project Finance International, Global Renewables Report 2011, pp. 30-35
- Yeşim Bezen and Banu Aslan, “Financial Leasing in renewable energy projects in Turkey: suitable alternative for financiers?”, Law and Financial Markets Review, January 2011, pp. 33-36
- Yeşim Bezen and Banu Aslan, “Project finance in Turkey’s energy sector: a Turkish delight for financiers”, Law and Financial Markets Review, Practitioners Perspective, May 2010, pp. 272-275
- Aykut Bakırcı (Head of Legal of the Turkish Privatisation Administration) and Volkan Önkibar, “Selling the EUAS Portfolio”, Project Finance International, 8 April 2010
- Nadia Cansun and Volkan Önkibar, “Finding a balance”, Project Finance International, Global Energy Report 2009 pp. 6-9
- Nadia Cansun and Volkan Önkibar, "Turkey’s Renewables", Project Finance International, 9 September 2009
- Yeşim Bezen (co-author), “Turkey’s Energy Market – Opportunities for Private Investors”, Project Finance International, Market Intelligence, Financing Global IPPS, October 2008
- Yeşim Bezen and Aykut Bakırcı (Head of Legal of the Turkish Privatisation Administration), “Turkish Sales Power Up”, Project Finance International, 28 November 2007
- Serdar Bezen (co-author), “Not all plain sailing”, IFR Special Report, Energy Issue, 2002, pp. 21-22
For a detailed capability statement or to contact one of our energy lawyers, please call or email us on +90 (0) 212 366 68 68 or email@example.com.